Vanilla-Halva Smoothie Swirl with Coconut
26 January 2015
This delicious combination of tahini, vanilla and macadamia nut butter infused with coconut milk is an absolutely scrumptious and super healthy alternative to satisfy the strongest of sweet-tooth cravings
Serving Size: 1
Preparation Time: 6 minutes
You will Need:
- High Quality Blender
- Get your own high quality blender here
- 2 peeled frozen bananas chopped into quarters ( if you have over-ripe bananas, instead of throwing these away, simply peel, place in an airtight
container and store in the freezer for when you have a smoothie craving).
- ½ cup Coconut milk – Shogun coconut milk is a great choice as it contains no thickeners or artificial ingredients. Available at most supermarkets in Johannesburg
- 1 tbsp. natural sweetener of choice (Xylitol/ stevia/raw honey) – these are all available at any health store
- Vanilla extract – I use Nomu, which is available at most supermarkets in Johannesburg
- 1 tbsp. macadamia nut butter – I use natures choice which is available at any health store
- 1 tbsp. Tahini – this is what creates the halva flavour. I use Nature’s choice; available at any
- 1 ½ tbsp. Desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- 4 crushed walnuts
- 2 tsp. desiccated coconut
- 4 large strawberries
Create smoothie base
Combine frozen bananas, coconut milk, and sweetener into food processer and blend until mixture is thick, creamy and ice cream-like.
Add tahini, macadamia nut butter, cinnamon, vanilla extract and coconut to mixture and blend for 2 minutes, until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
In order to maintain thickness take care not to over blend.
Pour smoothie mixture into a medium sized mason jar.
Top with crushed walnuts, fresh strawberries and desiccated coconut. You can also use this mixture as a decadently thick topping over health muffins.